Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Oil prices soar!



WOW!

121.73 for a gosh dang barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is a gang a money for crude oil don't you think!?!?!?
In my town in Florida I am paying 3.50 for a gallon of gas but my father in Los Angeles, CA is paying around 3.89 and there are some place in California that cost over 4.00!!!
So folks, I guess getting that hybrid is starting to look good. I mean I am actually considering selling my Supercharged Range Rover now...
I was reading the below article and thought that I should share it.
"Oil futures surged to a new record over $120 a barrel Monday, raising concerns about higher prices for gasoline and goods and services throughout the economy. Retail gas prices fell more than a cent over the weekend, but oil's advance increased the likelihood that pump prices would resume their climb.

Supply threats that emerged overseas and a weaker dollar sent light, sweet crude for June delivery to a new trading record of $120.36 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange before futures retreated slightly to settle up $3.65 at a record $119.97.

Oil's sharp rise this year has driven gas prices to unprecedented levels, prompting consumers to reconsider summer vacation plans and limit daily excursions; they're also spending less at malls and shopping centers because they're paying more not just for fuel, but for all kinds of goods and services. Americans are also being pinched by tight credit conditions, a sluggish jobs market and a downturn in the housing market"
So... What I would like are some comments from all yall... I want to know what my readers believe we should do. I am honestly interested in what you think we should do or can do about it...
Later - Monty

2 comments:

Grahame said...

I'd say we should do everything possible to cut down our dependence upon oil.

- Use less plastic and disposable items made from petrochemicals
- Recycle plastics
- Get a hybrid or a Smart Car
- Try using alternative fuels like bio-diesel.

There are plenty of alternatives out there.

Unknown said...

I think that the engineers who are creating and designing new cars need to come up with a workable and economical way we can have cars that run on an alternative fuel source. Or improve hybrid cars so they get better gas mileage and come in a wider variety of car styles.