Monday, January 14, 2008

Picking your friends

I just wanted to say something on the subject of picking friends etc... The reason that I say this is that I recently was in California working there and when i was there I learned some interesting things about friends and the ones that I used to pick or be apart of. You see it really does not matter how cool they are or how much money they make etc as the one things that I have learned in the 24 yrs of being on this planet we call home is that you MUST learn to judge people by there actions. I used to not apply this to my own life but could see it in others and would try to tell them this but it did not work as well as I myself did not fully use it in my own life - Sort of "Do as I say and not do as I do" I have recently started applying this to whom I am in contact and I really appreciate it as I am doing a lot better financially now as well as mentally.

What it seems to come down to is that there are 3 methods that a person uses in the handling of others. I recently read a book called "Science Of Survival" by L. Ron Hubbard and I really liked it and I wanted to share something out of that as I think if we used this in life at large you would really be unstoppable in terms of your dreams and ambitions. I will now quote from this book so you can read it exactly as I did.

"The methods of handling others could assigned to three general categories. The highest category would be one of enhancement, where the individual seeks by example and good reasoning to lift the level of those around him to the point where they will partake of the projects of living with him."

This is quite simply the generally nice and warm hearted people that are around you that you would genuinely like.

"The second category would be that of punishment drive. Here the individual uses alarm, threats and the general promise of pain unless compliance is given by the others around him."

"The third category is that of nullification, wherein the individual seeks to minimize individuals to be more than they and so be able to control them. This category would rather see a man sick than well, because sick men are less dangerous then well men according to the "thinking" that takes place in this band"

So this is what I read and I do believe that if everyone actually applied this to their life and choose their friends, colleagues, girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, wife's etc with this data in mind and actually see HOW someone handles others and then can get a true overall picture of how this person is. The first category would be a good person to be "hooked up" with but the next two would not. So I think that you should do this for yourself and find someone that you know that you do not already have fixed thoughts about them and just LOOK and Watch how they act to others... Do they bring them up or do they bring them down... If you could master this then you could pick the correct person every time to be connected with.

The above referenced book "Science of Survival" is a great read and also is much more in depth in the ways that people act and I guarantee if you were to read this book you would be set in life so that you knew when talking to people if they were honest or not etc.... And I don't know about you but information like that is worth a lot more than the $10 - 15 that the book costs... I'll give you the links if you want to get the book or get more data on it. www.diantetics.org or www.scientology.org or www.bridgepub.com

Now - one thing that I must say, if you immediately thought that your boss fit this then you could be correct but I also am willing to bet there are undisclosed transgressions that you are doing at your work place that the boss does not know about that would make you feel this disposition towards him/her. It IS entirely possible that he is someone that brings people "down" per say in order to get his job done but just make sure of this...

The subject of transgressions is a whole other kettle of fish which I will cook up some other time...

I hope that this data can be useful to you. I might only be 24 yr old skateboarder but if I stumble upon amazing truths I think it would be selfish to hoard it all to myself. :)

Later - Monty